- Special Educators
Special Education Teachers – Autism
LWAH is currently looking to employ Special Education Teachers, preferably with an experience teaching autistic children (kindergarten and early elementary levels), at its special education school –LWAH School of Excellence- located in its rehabilitation centre in Sarafand – South Lebanon.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Autism education programs used at LSE and apply autism teaching standards.
- Adapt education lessons to meet the needs of students, in different subjects and according to LSE curriculum, under the supervision of the school administrator and education coordinator.
- Plan, develop and organize individualized activities, teaching techniques and objectives for each student.
- Assess and update students’ performance and measure educational, developmental and emotional progress.
- Follow up on students’ rehabilitation protocol and participate, when need be, in meetings discussing progress with LWAH therapists, social workers and parents.
- Use Assistive Technology, available at LSE, to achieve educational goals and objectives, with the assistance of LWAH therapists when needed.
- Prepare and evaluate students’ transition to upper classes.
- Provide an encouraging environment, conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of students.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education (a specialization in Autism is a plus)
- Previous experience working in special education classrooms, preferably Autism classrooms
- Familiarity with TEACCH Autism Program
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, and patience in dealing with children with disabilities in general, children with Autism Spectrum Disorders in specific
- Excellent verbal and written English and Arabic
Interested candidates, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org